Title it’s a ownership documents that will be transferred to you after you buy the vehicle. Each state issues a wide variety of different ownership documents. Each type of document carries with it certain ownership rights and certain restrictions. You should research the viability of each type of title document for their intended use of the lot prior to bidding.
- Clean title. The clean title definition indicates that the vehicle has never been deemed a total loss. With a clean title, a car might carry the balance of it's new car warranty and have a slightly higher resale value.
- Salvage. In USA, a salvage title is a form of vehicle title branding, which notes that the vehicle has been damaged and/or deemed a total loss by an insurance company that paid a claim on it. The criteria for determining when a salvage title is issued differ considerably by each state, province or territory.
- Non repairable (bill of sale, junk, scrap etc.) The vehicle has been declared by the owner solely as a source of parts or scrap metal, it is not intended to be registered or might not have proper paperwork to complete transaction. Make sure that you understand the risk and evaluate it on your own or with the help of local DMV. Otherwise this title might be good for part and export only.
- Other. This is your sole responsibility to check with your local DMV whether you can register this kind of paperwork that comes with the vehicle. CarsFromWest is not liable for any issues you might have registering that vehicle.
After you've paid for your vehicle, the auction will send the ownership documents to CarsFromWest office. Auction requires up to 30 days to mail documentation to our office.
- Once we receive them, we'll reassign the ownership documents to you (put your name on it) and then mail them out to you by FedEx.
- As soon as the documents leave our office, you will receive an email with your FedEx tracking number.
- Ownership documents will be sent to the mailing address you provide in your account.